1.The hirer must accept responsibility for the good conduct of those attending the hirer’s function. The maximum permitted number of persons attending any function in the Hall is limited by the Fire authority and Wiltshire Council to:-
Main Hall Reading Room AWhen used for dancing13045 BFunctions utilising Tables & Chairs90 30 CWhen Used for purposes combining A & B9030 DStanding audience18060
2.Music, singing, dancing and other public entertainment is permitted as follows:
i)Monday to Friday – 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. ii)Saturday – 9 a.m. to Midnight. iii)Sunday – 10 a.m. to 22.30 p.m. ( Music only)
3.Where intoxicating liquor is sold to be consumed, the hirer is responsible for obtaining a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) @ £21.00 from Wiltshire Council (contact our Booking Secretary). Any such licences are to finish 30 minutes before the conclusion of the function. Under no circumstances is alcohol to be supplied to anyone under the age 18 years.
4.The premises shall not be used for any unlawful purpose and in every hiring it shall be deemed, on the part of the hirer, an undertaking strictly to observe and perform all the statutory provisions and regulations as not to invalidate any insurance policy
5.The hirer will accept responsibility for collecting and returning the Hall keys to the Key holder.
6.No person under 18 years of age will be permitted to hire the Hall. Responsible adults must remain in the hall at all times. When booking parties for teenagers or 21st birthday parties please note that at least 6 adults must be present on the premises at all times. These bookings are taken at the discretion of the committee.
7.The Committee reserve the right to refuse a booking, or where information subsequently comes to notice, making a booking undesirable, to cancel the booking and return any payment received.
8.Any spillages should be wiped up promptly as any liquids will damage the wood floor. No substance is to be applied to the floors for dancing, or any other purpose, other than that approved for cleaning purposes.
9.In consideration of our neighbours, during functions, the outer doors will be closed at all times. All Emergency doors are to be kept Closed and free of any obstruction at all times. When doors are opened noise travels and nearby residents justly complain which, if pursued, could result in the loss of the Public entertainment licence.
10.At least TWO main Hall lights, In addition to the emergency exit lights, will be kept burning during any function.
11.No decorations or inflammable materials are to be placed on or near any lighting or electrical appliances. Fire extinguishers and other fire appliances are not to be tampered with.
12.Nothing shall be affixed to or anything driven into, or attached by permanent adhesive to any part of the Hall or Premises. Notice boards are provided for the use of organisations and other persons wishing to advertise functions.
13.Toys and equipment belonging to organisations are not the property of the Hall committee and will not be used by any members of the public, or other organisations. The Hall committee shall not be responsible for any goods, materials etc. brought into, or left in the Hall.
14.Vehicles parked on the Hall premises are done so at the owner’s risk.
15.The use of any electrical equipment not provided by the hall, e.g. Disco’s, Bouncy Castles*, is the responsibility of the hirer and not covered for damage, loss or public liability by the Hall’s insurance policy. *See note 24
16.The hirer will leave the building and environs in a clean and tidy condition.
17.Payment of hire charges will be made by the hirer as follows:-
i)Regular block users – monthly ii)Other users – one month in advance of the date booked
18.Cheques should be made payable to Brinkworth Village Hall, attaching the payslip below. If paying by cash please also attached the payslip as confirmation of charge and that you agree the terms & conditions.
19. The hirer will be responsible for the reimbursement to the Village Hall committee for any damage caused or breakages during the period of hire.
20. In the event of cancellation of a booking by the hirer the committee reserves the right to retain the whole or any part of the booking fee
21. The hall must remain continually occupied when the Hall is unlocked or windows remain open. Failure to do so invalidates the hall’s insurance. Any loss or damage that occurs as result of the hall being left unlocked and/or window’s left open while the hall is unoccupied will be directly incurred by the hirer. Heating must be switched off when the hall is unoccupied.
22. The hall must be vacated promptly at the end of the period of hire.
23. The hall committee accepts no liability for property left unattended in the hall overnight or at any time during the period of hire.
24. Use of bouncy castles is entirely at the risk of the hirer. Please ensure that the supplier has adequate insurance cover for your use. The Hall does NOT have such cover.
25. Now that the wheelie bins are only emptied once a fortnight, we ask you to take home any rubbish with you (bin liners are stored under the kitchen sink). Failure to do this will result in some of your deposit being kept.
26. Tea and Hand towels are not provided in the kitchen. Hirers must provide their own.
27. No fireworks are to be set off in the Hall or in the grounds of the Hall.
28. Under NO circumstances are the acoustic panels to be removed.
ON VACATING THE HALL
At present the hall has no caretaker and employs a weekly cleaner. We ask you to help us keep the village hall safe and in good condition. We also need to keep the running costs down otherwise charges will have to be increased.
Before you leave the Hall you MUST: -
1.Wipe down the tables 2.Stack the chairs and tables in the store cupboard 3.Sweep the floor (large brooms, dustpan and vacuum cleaner in the Cleaning Cupboard) 4.Make sure fire doors are shut and secure 5.Make sure the windows are locked properly 6.Leave the kitchen cupboards and sink clean and tidy 7.Clean cooker, if used 8.* Empty waste bins and take any rubbish home with you. 9.* Turn off water in gents toilet at tap above urinal and all basins taps - the water supply is metered 10.* Turn off immersion water heater and cooker in the kitchen 11.* Switch OFF heating and hot water by pressing the advance buttons on the programmer above the boiler. 12.* TURN OFF ALL LIGHTS including toilets, entrance hall and CAR PARK 13.LOCK THE MAIN DOOR there is a light switch in the top left hand corner outside in the porch to enable you to see to lock outside door
N.B. * THESE FIVE POINTS COST EXTRA MONEY IF LEFT ON. IF NOT COMPLIED WITH MAY RESULT IN WITHHOLDING OF ALL OR PART OF YOUR DEPOSIT.
Please re-check before you leave and return keys to the Booking Clerk at Fiddlers Green, School Hill, Brinkworth, ready for the next person to collect from there.